Chris and I were off to the doctor yesterday morning...not a baby doctor - a sick doctor. :( Chris woke up feeling terrible - so we stopped at urgent care in Lexington. Turns out he has a sinus infection. He got some antibiotics and we're hoping that he starts to feel better soon! He's been getting lots of rest, but still feeling pretty rough. We're hoping he starts to feel much better today.
My 41 week appointment wasn't until the afternoon, but since Chris was sick - we headed on over to my doctor's office to see if I could get in earlier - which was no problem. The appointment was pretty brief overall. I had progressed to 3 cm and my doctor said she wasn't going to let me go to 42 weeks. She said she didn't think I'd necessarily make it to 42 weeks, but would like to go ahead and schedule an induction and most likely before Friday. Chris and I had already accepted this because we had been told last week that they may keep us after our appt. We were just relieved to be able to head home and give Chris a chance to get better. I couldn't imagine giving birth with him feeling as bad as he felt. My doctor said she'd have the scheduler call us to set up a day and time and that was that.
Before we could get out of the parking garage - my phone rang - it was the "scheduler". She said that we were scheduled for Thursday morning at 5 am - to report directly to labor & delivery. 5am means we'll be getting up around 3:30 or so! I suppose we might as well get used to being up at all hours. :)
We finally have an end in sight - I'm not going to be pregnant forever! We are praying that Chris starts to feel better today and so excited to meet our son tomorrow!
I hope Chris starts feeling better!! Poor guy - not fun to be sick the day before becoming a daddy! Good luck tomorrow - you'll do great! Baby Clark is already SO lucky to have you as a Mommy!! :) Big hugs!
ReplyDelete